Arggg: I corrupted my USB flash key
10:32 AM | Author: TornadoX

I am learning this lesson the hard way as I removed my 4GB USB stick for the last time. I corrupted the USB stick and rendered it useless. Do you find yourself just pulling out your flash keys or other USB devices? We all know that we should use the Safely Remove Hardware feature, but who has time. I recently downloaded USB Safely Remove, and I find it very useful.

You can remove devices with one click, as shown in Figure A, and even configure global keyboard shortcuts.

Figure A

Click on the device you want to remove.

By using the Windows key + S, you can bring up the remove device menu and remove your device simply with no hassle. You never have to use the mouse if you prefer keyboard commands.

I guess I learned this the hard way. Have you had a similar experience? I had some good LEGAL music on that flash key. Dang it!

|
This entry was posted on 10:32 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: